|Thinking out loud|
- It wasn’t supposed to be like that!
- What do you mean?
- Just like that… I should have known better!
- What are you talking about?
-What’s wrong with humanity?
- Don’t tell me you’re not aware!
- Aware about what? It’s always been like that!
- Not so…it’s getting worse…
- Worst from what? The Medieval Ages or even before?
- No, no, worse than before and after the wars.
- Why, aren’t you happy how we progressed?
- I am, I am! Partially, that is…We could’ve been way ahead!
- Even so, there are always given circumstances and those unexpected.
- So, why am I more prepared for the unexpected?
- Maybe, because it’s more exciting...?
- Yeah, maybe, because we’re fed up with fake congeniality.
- Fake congeniality?!
- Right! I’m fed up with people paying-lips just to make an extra buck.
- Or, for personal comfort at the expense of others.
- See? That’s the humanity I’m talking about!
- You call this Humanity? Maybe just people without humanity!
- I didn’t know it bugs you so much!
- It doesn’t you, does it?
- It did, but no more...
- How come?
- I’m now a congenial pragmatic realist!
- How do you figure?
- Screw politics! And screw everybody’s ignorance, how about that?!
- I’m thinking out loud: you may have a point there!
Dialogues – Vol. I
Editing: Ileana Matac Arco
©by Ray Arco 2/21/2018