|Oh, My God, Where are Thou ?|
- You…? Gooooood!
- Why not, what’s wrong about that?
- Hm…which God?
- Why do you want to know?
- Well, the rumors…they’re so many gods, goddesses!
- Do you have any preference?
- Not me! A God is a God, is a God…
- Or, Goddess!
- One second…don’t they all resemble?
- True…no more sex discrimination!
- What do you expect: they stick to their own!
- Hm…gods are a given species!
- True, they are a class of their self making.
- What if there’s actually only one god?
- Only one! Hm…that may pose a problem!
- Well, because the notion of God is in the eyes of the beholder.
- In other words, no one is sure of how do they look?!
- Not only this, but it feels different with each individual.
- Probably, why?
- Because we feel differently at various times and pray accordingly.
- You may have a point here: the common denominator line is…
- You guessed: Where are thou? Really now, for everybody…
- Where are thou?!
- Truly, did you find your own God?
- More or less, a sort of…
- Really… how?
- I look in the mirror…
- Hmm, mirror, eh! And?
- Somehow, I see beyond…
- That’s it?
- I end up whispering:
- It’s you, here! No more ‘Where Are Thou’?
- Seconds later, I burst out loud:
- “IT’S YOU, MY OWN GOD!!!”
- Of course, you, moron!
* * *
Dialogues – Vol I
Editing: Ileana Matac Arco
©by Ray Arco 12/14/2014