| CPA/NCP Newcomer Connect Career and Job Fair - September 13, 2018 |
We wanted to invite everyone looking for employment and legally able to work in Canada including Canadian Citizens, PR holders, Convention Refugees, International students and work permit holders to our 2nd annual Newcomer Connect Career and Job Fair on Thursday, September 13, 2018 at Novotel Mississauga.. At last year’s event we had over 980 job-seekers registered for event and interviews were granted to approximately 790 of those candidates.
This is your time to stand out and get noticed! This event is your connection to jobs, career and employment supports.
Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) Ontario and the Newcomer Centre of Peel (NCP) have partnered to bring together some of the GTA’s biggest financial, banking and accounting service employers for this year’s Newcomer Connect Career and Job Fair.
Meet face-to-face with HR recruiters and representatives from:
• Aandrajax Technologies Inc.
• B2B Bank
• BMO Bank of Montreal
• IFG International Financial Group
• MNP LLP
• New Horizons Media
• RBC Royal Bank
• Recruiting in Motion
• Robert Half Canada Inc.
• Sunlife Financial
• TD Bank
These stellar employers are looking for talented superstars to fill positions in the following fields: Accounting, Finance, Banking, Sales, Customer service, IT, Management, and Administration.
You are invited to attend a line-up of workshops hosted by Deloitte, RBC, CPA Ontario and NCP. Choose your session and gain some valuable advice on your career and the hidden job market. NCP is offering a one-on-one resume check to look over your resume and provide you with suggestions to make a great first impression and stand out to potential employers. See below for more details.
Dress code in effect: Business Formal. This is a professional environment and no children are permitted at this event.
How to shine:
• Wear your best interview suit: look professional and show that you are job ready.
• Target your resume for each specific job and organization. Each of these employers is hiring for a variety of positions. Visit their website career page for more information.
• Prepare a 30 second elevator pitch that tells your preferred employer how you can fulfill their staffing needs.
• Do you have a question about a particular organization? This is your time to ask.
Please register at: https://newcomerconnectcareerjobfair2018.eventbrite.ca
Employer Engagement Specialist
Lina Varriano 9/2/2018