- Sorry, I’m late!
- Did you ever consider how this wounds me?
- For being late?!
- Yes, and much more…
- Like what, for God’s sake?
- It has nothing to do with God!
- With whom else?
- With People! That’s who!
- Well, it’s to be expected...
- And why is that?
- Because people are people, I'm told, what can I say?
- Not convincing enough! We’re supposed to be good to each other…
- That’s true. Supposed to be, but many are not!
- And why do you think it’s so?
- Because of most people’s rotten nature, I guess!
- I’m not convinced…
- Okay: we’re barely born and we’re already getting hurt from the least expected.
- Like whom?
- Starting with parents, doctors, nurses, midwives, relatives, neighbors, and so on...
- Parents? Family? You’re nuts...!
- How about later, at kindergarten and school years by your own bulling peers, teachers
and such? Or, when scouting for a job and being rejected for god knows why, especially
when the interviewer feels you're more intelligent than him or her?
- How about by the growing lack of ethics and morality, people and businesses' scrupulous
greed, priests or in the military, let alone the politicians, selected, or appointed officials
and our own government...do you still trust them?
- Our government?!
- Are you blind? In what world do you live? You can tell me, I’m your friend!
- Aha! You don't even trust me anymore! Then, whom do you trust?
- Maybe whom I see when I look in the mirror…
- Okay, I thought you knew something! Here is a reminder: I reside in cloud-ninth! Come
down on Earth, do some good and then go back… who wants to follow, is welcome and, if not, that’s their problem or fate, shall we say?
- Do you use truthportation, if I remember well?
- Glad you remembered… I'm still your best friend, you know that!
- Aha, I think I got it… so, when is the next time you're scheduled to visit us, or, at least, me?
Dialogues – Volume I
Editing: Ileana Matac Arco
©by Ray Arco 6/13/2018