|THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BUT PROBABLY DONT............|
1 . Money isn't made out of paper, it's made out of cotton.
2. The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper.
3. The dot over the letter i is called a "tittle".
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce
up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
5. Susan Lucci is the daughter of Phyllis Diller.
6. 40% of McDonald's profits come from the sales of Happy
7. 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
8. The 'spot' on 7UP comes from its inventor, who had red
eyes. He was albino.
9. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents,
10. Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine are brother and sister.
11. Chocolate affects a dog's heart and nervous system; a few
ounces will kill a small sized dog.
12. Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into
the shark's stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode.
13. Most lipstick contains fish scales (eeww).
14. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he
doesn't wear pants.
15. Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
16. Upper and lower case letters are named 'upper' and 'lower'
because in the time when all original print had to be set in individual
letters, the 'upper case'letters were stored in the case on top of
the case that stored the smaller, 'lower case' letters.
17. Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with
the other at the same time ... hence, multi-tasking was invented.
18. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during
World War II were made of wood.
19. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
20. The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan; there
was never a recorded Wendy before!
21. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with:
orange, purple, and silver!
22. Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors. Also, it took him 10 years
to paint Mona Lisa's lips.
23. A tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion will make it
instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
24. The mask used by Michael Myers in the original "Halloween"
was Captain Kirk mask painted white.
25. If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you
have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without
being able to make change for a dollar (good to know.)
26. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you
can't sink in quicksand (and you thought this list was completely
>> 27. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English
>>which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider
>> 28. The first product Motorola started to develop was a record
>>player for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the
>>market was the Victrola, so they called themselves Motorola.
>> 29. Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to
>>a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with. It's the same
30. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from
31. The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified Kosher.
32. Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the
book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
33. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go
into pace because passing wind in a space suit damages it.
George Carlin said it best about Martha Stewart .....
Boy, I feel a lot safer now that she's behind bars. O.J.
Simpson and Kobe Bryant are still walking around;
Osama Bin Laden too, but they take the ONE woman in America willing to cook, clean, and work in
the yard, and haul her fanny off to jail."?
culese de Sandra 8/31/2005