|Government of Canada doubles the number of locations where Canadians can get their passport |
Today, at Toronto Pearson International Airport, the Honourable Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, announced that winter holiday and March break travellers can now get passport services at over 300 Service Canada Centres across the country.
Since 2017, passport points of service have doubled from 151 to more than 300 by using Service Canada’s nationwide service delivery network. This expansion provides more access to passport services in rural and remote areas—no matter where Canadians live. Canadians have more options available when applying for or renewing 5-year and 10-year passports and child passports.
“The Government of Canada is making passport services more accessible for Canadians, who can apply for or renew a passport at over 300 Service Canada Centres. In the spirit of constantly improving service delivery to citizens, we are putting in place new measures to make life easier for Canadians.”
– The Honourable Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development
“The Passport Program is one of Canada’s most valuable services that millions of Canadians rely on. As the Minister responsible for the Passport Program, my department is committed to continuously improving front-line services, maintaining our excellent service standards and providing Canadians with more accessible options when applying for or renewing a passport.”
– The Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship
• Officers at Service Canada Centres:
o review passport applications for completeness;
o validate original supporting documents and return them on-site to applicants;
o collect the service fee; and
o forward application packages for processing.
• As of May 1, 2018, approximately 64.5 percent of Canadian adults held a valid Canadian passport.
• In 2017–18, Canada issued more than 4.8 million passports, which translates into more than 19,000 passports issued daily.
• The expansion of passport services means that more than 97 percent of Canadians now have access to passport services within 100 km of their home.
• For fiscal year 2017-18, Service Canada met passport service standards 99.66 percent of the time, with the target being 90 percent.
• Passport receiving service at Service Canada Centres
• Find a passport service location near you
• How to show proof of Canadian citizenship for adult passport applications
• Government of Canada expands passport services to Service Canada Centres across Canada
Valérie Glazer 12/21/2018