|The EU at 60: A Strong Global Partner|
The Delegation of the European Union to Canada, the Embassy of Italy in Canada and the Centre for International Governance Innovation are pleased to invite you to a special event commemorating the 60th Anniversary of the Treaty of Rome on Monday 27 March 2017 at 15:00 at the Victoria Hall (111 Sussex Drive, Ottawa).
Signed on 25 March 1957, the Treaty of Rome created the European Economic Community, an entity which gradually evolved into what we now know as the European Union. The European Union is one of the most significant political and economic achievements of modern times.
As it celebrates this 60th anniversary, the European Union is reflecting on how to continue promoting its common values while addressing internal and external challenges at the same time.
The special event will feature keynote addresses and panel discussions, as well as the screening of a short movie Europe through the generations and musical performances.
A reception will close the event.
• What: The EU at 60: A Strong Global Partner
• Who: Delegation of the European Union to Canada, Embassy of Italy in Canada, Centre for International Governance Innovation
• When: Monday, 27 March 2017 from 15:00 until 20:00
• Where: Victoria Hall, 111 Sussex Drive, Ottawa
• Tickets: Free, on invitation only (limited seats – Please bring your tickets for registration)
Sandra P. 3/22/2017